HEB - Mi Tienda

57 of 70 Heb Reviews
Feb 14, 2012
review #297176

Well first off I do not appreciate HEB grocery selling out to illegals. HEB sold out by opening a MI Tienda Mexican grocery store and closed the regular HEB store near by.

I do not see how this is a part of the HEB family, they do not even sell ha/f of what HEB stocked, all the signs around the store; like entrance, exit, etc. are in Spanish.

This store is only basically here to cater to all the illegal immigrants here in Houston.

When it first opened I did visit to see what this was about, and because they closed the HEB store down.

I visited the store today and it smelled like a dirty old slaughter house, it would have made any hunger feeling one might have had vanish. I could not be in the store for very long.

A good bit of employees can not speak English, and asking 20 different employees if fig season was in, they did not know what the *** a fig was. Pathetic.

The first sell outs was Sam's Whole sell. they opened a specific store to only cater to illegal immigrants.

It is like slapping the face of every American, and even all those who became American legally.

It is like accepting the fact that were are over run by illegal immigrants and this is just another way to say, the *** with America, this is how it is now, tough ***.

***! Any needed support that our Government offers the poorer of people are being abused by all the immigrants illegally here. Food stamps, TANF, WIC, our jobs, our money, our health care, etc... And now they are catering by opening all Mexican stores. The new Mi Tienda that just opened here in Houston has all and only Mexican staff. Any other company not having their general token employees would be targeted and called racist, so this grocery store needs to be called out on the topic.

I will not shop at any location like this again, by shopping there people are just supporting the non diversity, racist store, and supporting illegal immigration.

96d8d17
Had an experience with HEB?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
to bad so sad

May 15 Austin, Texas

You are absolutely right. HEB is pro immigration as they have stores in Mexico and want to attract those customers who come here illegally. Also they want to hire these people a lower wages and get bi-lingual workers on the cheap. Mexican workers are advanced and are treated better than other races at HEB.

Sux4u

May 14

What an ignorant racist! They do speak english *** but choose not to talk to you that's what's awesome of bilingual. Your wife must of cheated on you with the landscaper, not a surprise, they love to hear dirty things in spanish!

cmoralest

Oct 01, 2013 Houston, Texas

OH and if you're mad bc they're catering to them because they have to speak Spanish, then you're missing all of HEB's marketing strategy, THAT'S THE POINT, for us to feel like we're at "home". sooo, yah. just don't go there if you don't like the environment. since most of the surrounding is Hispanic, they said, hey, let's make some money! so really we should be the ones mad but we don't care, we just worry about our own. ahem. what you should contemplate doing. maybe then you wouldn't be so racist. that area has ALWAYS been dense in Hispanic population. so maybe YOU should move on. first come...

2 0 Reply
cmoralest

Oct 01, 2013 Houston, Texas

Hey you, I was in Marketing class today. You know who was there? Scott from HEB, you know the guy you see on tv. The first store was in San Antonio in 1905. They made 5 other ones. Fails. You know where they took the 7th store? A border town, and that was their biggest hit. Joe V and Mi Tienda, he said are gold. You know what's a big part of Marketing? They care about PROFITS not status, where there's money, there's money, get it, or someone else will take it. So really HEB has ALWAYS tried to cater to HISPANICS. FIRST GENERATION. They won't make any more though, so don't worry, there's aren't enough first generation Mexicans throughout Houston anymore so you can stop worrying about your racism being shown everywhere.

brenda

Aug 02, 2013 Mexia, Texas

I love this store. Me encanta ir a esta tienda cada que viajo a houston voy a comprar aqui.Dentro de la tienda Siempre bien alegre *** musica. Me hace sentir en mexico. Ojala y abrieran un a tienda aqui donde yo vivo. Siempre buenas ofertas. Y ese pobre tonto ofendido por la tienda como no repela por manejar en los hwys de houston que son contruidos en su mayoria por ilegales y las verduras y frutas que compra en cualquier hebson sembradas y cocechadas por ilegales . Claro nadamas quiere vernos trabajar como burros y si nos dan un poquito repela pobre tonto ofendido.

anonymous

Jul 10, 2013

Pretty sad if you have to generalize and compete with undocumented people. You probably did not make the wisest decisions in your life being from america and all. And given all the opportunities this great country has to offer. You know your just a "hater" or a typical nontraveled texan. Oh wait your proud to be ignorant as well right? Leave the the "true american " status to the native americans. The southwest has only been part of the US for a little over 140 yrs.. Where were your peeps then? It was still Mexico. And please remember most Mexicans (at least the ones that come to the US) are dark because they are native americans.

rolando mota del campo

Jul 03, 2013 Houston, Texas

if you dont like the store dont go....you fukin *** .the name is MI TIENDA. not CRACKER.BARRELL. and how many stores still cary figs . what a jerkoff..

Fellow partner

Jun 08, 2013 Houston, Texas

If you did not understand then i will explain this to you: 1.this store is a MEXICAN themed store 2. The number 1 requirement to be employed here is to be able to speak Spanish and last time I checked those were for the most part Hispanic people and 3. the store does not hire people without legal documentation!! Most of the employees there are young and are bilingual, there are only a few who don't really speak it that well and they are usually in the kitchen or tortilleria so I highly doubt that you asked 20 different employees and none of them spoke English well. When you are being interviewed here the whole interview is in Spanish because it is a REQUIREMENT! I'm sure if a black, white or Asian person who applied there and could speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish then they would be hired. And for you saying that illegal immigrants abuse the system and receive all these benefits, you are wrong once again... The government does NOT give these benefits to people without legal documentation. The store has just about every HEB store brand product as a regular HEB and yes I know because I work there and have to put up all the stuff people leave laying around so I pretty much know where every product in the store is at. HEB did not sell out, MI TIENDA is owned by HEB if anything HEB is making so much more money off of the Hispanic community with the store. Regardless we wouldn't want people like you to shop at Mi Tienda so you can take your business elsewhere because... Show more

2 1 Reply
Legal

May 27, 2013 Houston, Texas

Remember when you call a Hispanic or "Latino" Illegal, you and your ancestors are the first illegals. If you are an American, you are the new American, we are the old American, original to these lands that the Europeans stole, rape and committed genocide to obtain it illegally. Do you really want to stay in this country? Shut up and be thankful that Texas is going back to Mexico, see what is the population ratio to whites, you are a sorry, ignorant racist. Just ask God for mercy and may give it to you.

May 23, 2013 La Porte, Texas

I find it absolutely amusing how upset you are about this. Yet didn't your ancestors do the same thing? Stole land from the Natives, and built their own stores on it, a slap in the face to every single Native American who was here before them. Stores to cater to those who had gotten here illegally. Karma's a *** isn't it?

May 11, 2013 Houston, Texas

You are really ignorant people like you absolutley mae American cityzens absolutley ashamed of the words you are speaking this is a free country and oh well Mi Tienda is here to stay and it is also really loved by not just mexicans but by white and blacks too . So next time you talk about a wonderful store get other peoples opinions you racist American pieece of *** .

proud latina

Mar 21, 2013 Houston, Texas

LMAO!! first of all you calling out every hipanic that shops or works ther is an inmagrant and racist, when reality thr racist person is YOU!!!! and all of the people that gave likes to the *** u wrote! Honestly ur pathetic what type of person are i swear all of you white people are fuicking racist yall think that every *** hispanic is an imgrant or is 'mexican' thats some *** they're are ALOT OF DIFFRENT latinos not only mexican and so what if they made a ''MEXICAN'' store for hispanics the whole point of it was for latinos to shop there t
and that they feel like they can go somewhere where they can be understood ,like heb all u see is white ppl so wtf u talking about!
what *** generation are you in ,its 2013 nobody now a days gives a *** what race u are anymore!
united states is a free country its not ruled by you white people you *** *** learn to *** respect other human beings and stop being so *** judgemental and rasict!! and next time you call another hispanic ''imagrant or ''mexican'' learn about the world and search all the countrys they're are and nationality of all types of hispanics dumb ***!
you need jesus ,ohh wait ur gonna say jesus is white like u too lol

amanda

Mar 25, 2013 Houston, Texas

so true i agree with proud latina ,,,,ur so ignorant the person who post this about being a pissed consumer get a life!!

american first.

Mar 08, 2013

I can understand the anger however I lack the understanding of its ignorance.
I am an America. I a trying my best to get to med school and pay for it. I work full time and go to school.full time as well as take care a child and my husband.
We work very hard and do not get any government assistance. I am ok with that.
My family are Hispanic and all are legal citizens.
My mother worked three jobs to raise all 7 of us and never received government aid. All of us have graduated high school and college.

The reason I say this to explain not all "mexicans" are the same.
My husband is white and he has cousins who are on government assistance.
Are all white people the same?
I struggle to get through school while balancing work and family however I manage and get by without government assistance. His cousins get all types of assistance.

Next topic. Not all Hispanics are Mexican. Many of those stores or markets cater to the Hispanic population not just Mexicans. In fact many of the Hispanics I have encountered are not from Mexico rather they are from Central America. There is a difference.

It's like calling an American white man and Australian or Greek. They look white but are different culturally.

I too get frustrated when people speak only Spanish, Indian or some Asian language. We are in America.
You don't go to an other country expecting the country to speak
... Show more

proud Mexican

Feb 05, 2013 Clute, Texas

What an ***. I'm Mexican n proud of my heritage because Mexicans are here to do the job racists f****** people like u aren't willing to do. Think about this way u
****, that fig u wanted, most likely a Mexican person cultivated it. So shut up n move somewhere else u racist s***.

Javier

Jan 28, 2013 San Antonio, Texas

Wow! The garbage that spews out of you mind is troubling. You're a sad person and my only hope is that you don't have any children to pass on your beliefs to. I'm glad that angry racist like you are a dying breed on the *** of extinction. I'll laugh as your world collapses all around you.

amy

Dec 26, 2012 Houston, Texas

Your ignorance is astonishing. Companies do this because they know that is where the money is at. The old HEB on Aldine Westfield the majority of its costumers were hispanic. Not all mexicans or hispanics are illegal. I wouldn't know when it was fig season either if not for having a fig tree in my yard. Hispanics are almost the majority here in houston, so maybe if the majority was of french or italian decent we would see more billboard, restaurants, and stores catering to that group. If you are this racist you shouldn't live in neighborhood where the majority is hispanic...move to conroe.

Dec 29, 2012 Houston, Texas

Then move to Rice Village and shop at Central Market dumb sh*t. Bet you would complain prices are too high. Sounds like you are just unhappy with yourself!

1-20 of 28 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about HEB.
Filing a new complaint about
×