My first negative encounter with HEB was in Kingsville, Texas.Turkey was out of season, but I wanted to have the Meat manager order me five fresh ones for a banquet I was having for our organization.
The manager said he would order them the next morning and that they would arrive within 2 days. I came back 2 days later and the turkeys had not arrived. The meat manager was off that day, so I asked politely if I could speak to the store manager. I was not upset, as I knew turkey was out of season, but I wanted to find out why it wasn't in stock out the warehouse or if it was even ordered at all.
Paul Handy was the store manager at the time and I told him my dilemma. He went back to check the paper work and said he had called the meat manager and said there was a mistake in order and it didn't reach the warehouse. I told him I would just take my business to Wal-Mart. He never did apologize about the turkey and explained to me that mistakes happen.
To me he was rude, unprofessional and passed the buck to the meat manager.
Story doesn't end there. I was in Corpus Christi and was buying some groceries for a barbecue for my grand daughter's quincenera and lo and behold Paul Handy was there talking to an employee when I was in the produce section. He didn't see me at first and as my cart came closer I over heard him telling this kid that worked there how things weren't getting done correctly and that he needed to work faster and more accurately. I came up to him and told him to lay off the kid and if he wanted someone to vent his frustration on someone he could have a word with me.
He rolled his eyes and mumbled something under his breathe and walked away.If any manager is reading this, please don't send Paul Handy back to Kingsville.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Food Stores
You May Also Like
- "Deli employees get real mad when you request "thin sliced" meats n cheeses. First let me add, you need to ensure the SLICERS are clean.. Port Richey, FL is terrible..."
- "Actual size of sandwich nowhere close to online image. Don't waste your money. It's advertised as hot and toasted. It came cold and untoasted, and lacking acceptable quantity of meat...."
- "While shopping at my local Safeway Dec 17th I saw some plates on sale I liked. They were displayed in a large box on a shelf. The plates..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."