Heb Meat Review from Spring, Texas

8 of 214 Heb reviews

My local HEB every time i buy fruit it has a day or 2 shelf life other than bananas.This past Sunday I went grocery shopping purchased some steak meat.

Tuesday night prepped for dinner as usual and cane time for the meat. Well it was nice and pretty on top when I started to peel back the meat under was not brown but grey!!!!!! I was so upset its 7 pm and I am ready to start my dinner and the meat is gross. I could not feed that to my family.

I returned to the store with receipt and they refunded me for meat and I got a free roteserrie chicken. Did it make up for it No was my familes dinner ruined? Yes. Why advertise fresh ingrediants if you are lying.

This is not the first time but it was going to be the last time i just threw meat away because I did not want to drive to the store and return it.I keep my receipts and it is sad but thisbis the only HEB close to my home and I may have to start going to another grocery store.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Steak Meat
Review category
Food Stores
review #939362 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Heb? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
8 of 214 Heb reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Morgen

Dec 20, 2016 #1258406 Cibolo, Texas, United States

Keep away from rotisserie. I bought a chicken 4 months ago, nice and crisp on the outside, meat was pink and obviously seriously undercooked...Serious health hazard. Got sick last week with pre-packaged cod, broccoli and potatoes....Still stomach upset... HEB is seriously more concerned about quantity rather than quality.. A store DEFINITELY to keep away from if you value your money and your health..

0 0 Reply
LadyScot

Oct 26, 2016 #1232502 Naples, Florida, United States

How are you storing your fruit? And do you know why meat is red in the grocery store? Because it is infused with animal blood that is why. It looks like the 'make up' came off. That is what a real dead animal looks like when you process it.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.