Heb - Product cut open then taped back up and boxed

165 of 212 Heb reviews

On Monday the 23rd of December I went grocery shopping as I always do after I got off from my work, around nine.Let me just say I am SO VERY DISSAPOINTED.

I Shop every week, I DON'T go grocery shopping anywhere else. I am a very loyal customer and I am so shocked that this happened. I bought your HEB brand hot cocoa mix with mini marshmallows because I figured "why not? I'm feeling festive." and there was a coupon that came with it.

I didn't open the box that night but I did later on that week. When I opened the box there was bright red and black tape on one of the envelopes. I kind of thought it was like a prize or something and then I took it out and its pretty obvious that someone cut open the envelope and then put tape all over it in order to not have to throw it away. I have never, ever had a problem at any HEB that I've gone to.

I am just so disappointed. I have family that works in the Houston warehouse and family that's worked in the Houston HEB store.

We are very loyal to your company.I know your company is big and things happen but I would let your warehouse people know that that's unacceptable and makes an unhappy customer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
165 of 212 Heb reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
People are so dumb

Jan 25, 2014 #778148 Fort Myers, Florida, United States

If the box was sealed then common sense tells you that no one at the store did it. It probably happened at the manufacturing plant. Take it back for another one or a refund. No way can HEB or any other retailer control things like that.

Bob

Jan 07, 2014 #769948

It looks like it happened during the packaging process at the manufacture. It looks like the tape was on the rolls of paper used to package the product. I'd take it back and exchange it for a new one.

Alexa

Dec 31, 2013 #766267 Elmhurst, Illinois, United States

My first thought was- Sounds like someone purchased the box of cocoa, had buyers remorse, taped the packet shut, glued the box shut and returned it. Since the box was sealed upon return, the store thought nothing of it, and put it back on the shelf.
Then again, if it was a return why didn't they just leave the packet out? hmm strange. I hope you took that box back to the store, and explained the situation, so they can make sure it wasn't purposely tampered with. :?

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Heb. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Heb.
Filing a new complaint about
×